Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

February in Frankfurt

We started this week off by going for a long walk in the park near our apartment. I got to try out some more fun German play-ground toys and we walked around in a little forest where I hung from some trees (I guess my Mom and Dad nicknamed me monkey for a reason).

Samuel is really changing a lot. He is getting a lot more coordinated and a lot more aware of his surroundings. He can now sit up with support around his hips. He can roll over (but he has been doing that for a long time), he can switch an object from one hand to the other, he looks in the direction of voices and sounds, He coos and makes razzing sounds, he laughs and smiles all the time and also reaches for everything and then puts it in his mouth. Just recently, he has started to scoot on his belly to get objects that are out of reach. He is a lot of fun!

Here are some pictures from our week. You can click on them to make them larger if you want.


Randy and Samuel getting ready for our walk it the park.


Me hanging from a tree in the forest area of the park.
I guess my parents nicknamed me 'monkey' for a reason!


Me on a neat German swing in a playground. I was able to get
vertical to the ground and it was just like being on a wild rollercoaster!


Samuel and I playing during one of my breaks from work.
He is on my yoga mat with all of his mult-colored play bowls.


Samuel and I having fun.


Very cute - giving that shy smile again.


This is Samuel pretending he is a member of the 80s group Devo.
He was getting ready to sing "Whip It." :-)

Samuel playing in our our bed practicing rolling over.


Samuel laughing with me.

Studying the camera.


Samuel playing with his toys - he loves toys now!

Play time


Samuel reading his book - he was flipping the pages
all by himself.


Sam enjoying his Seasame Street book.


Our future baseball star.

He loves his rattle.


Laughing for the camera - so cute!


Here he is in the outfit he got from his friends in France,
Olivier LeRoy and family. Olivier was our foriegn exchange
student from Paris in the early 90s.


Samuel looking tres chic in his French clothes.


Giving his pouty look.


More time with his toys.


Playing with his flex cube.


Smiling during tummy time.

Bundle up and ready to go - our little bear in
his snowsuit from Grandma Carol.


Here is Samuel getting ready to go for a
walk to the grocery store (about a mile away).
He gets a lot of attention when he wears his bear suit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love his bear suit! Analise has a white bear suit we used all winter here, and she always got people cooing over it!

I am glad you are updating your blog regularly, i can't wait to meet Samuel, but in the mean time it is wonderful to watch him grow up!

Sarah